Interested in knowing How to get Assist Wireless Free Phone Program? Because Several government programs are designed to provide poor people, access to internet services and phones. The Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) offer low-income people discounts or free services. The services are offered by wireless companies that participate in these assistance programs.
A few US states are served by Assist Wireless, which provides low-cost cell phone plans. Low-income seniors, veterans, and low-income households are also eligible for free phones and subsidized services provided by Lifeline Assistance Solutions. Get Assist Wireless free phone by going through our detailed guide and learning about eligibility, the application process, and other information regarding how to get Assist Wireless free phone.
Assist Wireless provides discount cell phones to customers in Arkansas, Maryland, and Oklahoma. Assist Wireless aims to expand its Lifeline service to nine additional states next year. Even though they don’t offer free phone service, they only charge $1.00, plus an activation fee of $1.00.
What is Assist Wireless?
The Assist Wireless network is another carrier offering free or highly discounted wireless services and free government phones to low-income families, seniors, and veterans through the Lifeline assistance program.
The Assist Wireless team believes every family deserves to be connected and enjoy the benefits of owning a cell phone in 2021. Lifeline offers emergency services, childcare, education, healthcare, and employment opportunities to those who might not otherwise have access to a phone.
Why Does Assist Wireless Offer Free Cell Phone Services?
The Assist Wireless company provides Lifeline support. Their participation in this program means they receive government funding. A Lifeline offer generally includes a free monthly plan and, in some cases, a free phone. Assist Wireless is one such company.
The main goal of Lifeline Assistance free government phones is to connect households with lower incomes. This article will provide all the information you need to decide whether Assist Wireless is your right provider.
Assist Wireless Government Lifeline Program
Lifeline is a government-sponsored program that offers monthly discounts on telecommunications services to families whose incomes meet certain criteria or whose members are eligible for specific government programs.
The Lifeline Program at Assist Wireless offers special discounts on plans and phones and free government phones.
Eligibility Requirements To Qualify For Assist Wireless Free Phone
To qualify for the Lifeline program, you must meet certain requirements set forth by the Federal Communications Commission.
The following are the primary requirements for participating in the Lifeline Program:
- The minimum age is 18 or emancipated.
- The Lifeline Program is only available in states where Assist Wireless offers services.
You can check the Assist Wireless Lifeline Program eligibility criteria if you meet these requirements.
The following two requirements must be met –
Your household’s income must not exceed 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Any of the government support programs listed below are available to you or any member of your family.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
- Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Program to Distribute Food on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance and Social Security
- (SNAP) Tribal
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families administered by Tribes (Tribal TANF)
- Tribal Head Start – only those households that have met the minimum required income.
- General Assistance from the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
What Documents Are Needed To Assist Wireless Lifeline Program
You cannot apply for a free phone because you know your eligibility. The Lifeline Program requires you to prove your eligibility with valid official documentation during the application process.
According to your Assist Wireless Lifeline Program eligibility application, you must submit different documents. Below are the documents that are accepted based on your eligibility.
Income Verifying Documents
The applicant’s full name and income status must be included in a document proving their low-income status.
Following is the official document that has been accepted:
- Paycheck stubs
- Your employer’s current income statement
- Statement of benefits from Social Security
- Award of child support
- Divorce decree
- Tax return for the previous year, whether federal, state, or tribal
- Statement of retirement/pension benefits
- Statement of benefits from the Veterans Administration
- Benefits statement for unemployment or workers’ compensation
Program Participation Documents
After participating in another government program, you may be eligible to enroll in the Assist Wireless Free Phone program. Consequently, you will be required to submit a document with details about the program, the date of issuance, and the issuing authority.
Here are the documents that have been officially accepted:
- Benefits statement
- Letter of Government Approval
- A letter of benefit award
- Letter of benefit verification
Besides your eligibility documents, you may need documentation to prove your age, identity, or address. If this is the case, you may submit either of the following –
- Birth Certificate
- US Driver’s license
- Utility bill
- Certificate of US Citizenship or Naturalization
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
- Mortgage or lease statement
- A valid state, government, military, or Tribal ID
The application process requires that you submit a copy of your eligibility documentation rather than the original.
How to Apply for Assist Wireless Free Phone Program?
A few simple steps involve applying for the Assist Wireless free phone program, from determining your eligibility to collecting the required documents.
The above sections will tell you whether you are eligible for the program and what documentation you need.
Applicants must apply through National Verifier first to verify their eligibility for free Assist Wireless phones. Assist Wireless will approve you once National Verifier approves you.
Follow these steps to apply through the National Verifier –
- Please visit nv.fcc.gov/lifeline. The National Verifier’s homepage will appear.
- Click on the drop-down icon to select your state.
- Select “Get Started” from the menu.
- An application form will appear after you enter your state. This form aims to verify your eligibility for the Assist Wireless Lifeline Program.
- The application form needs to be filled out with the correct information.
- Please attach copies of your eligibility documents.
- Once you are finished with your application, submit it.
- You will receive a notification on your registered email address if your application is approved.
You can complete the application form for your state’s Lifeline program once the National Verifier approves.
Application for Assist Wireless Lifeline program
The Assist Wireless Lifeline Program can be applied for in the following ways after the National Verifier has approved you.
Lifeline applications can be submitted online by Assist Wireless.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Please visit our website at https://www.assistwireless.com/
- At the bottom of the page, click on “Enroll Online Today.”
- This will redirect you to the “Availability Check” page.
- Your email and ZIP code (the same as those used for the National Verifier application) should be entered.
- The “Check Availability” icon can be found below.
- The application form will be redirected to you if it is available.
- Complete the application with relevant information.
- The application form must be submitted along with copies of your eligibility documentation.
Wait and try again if the application is not available.
You may also apply offline by visiting a nearby Assist Wireless store.
Visit www.assistwireless.com to find your nearest store. Click on “Find An Assist Store” on the site. Enter your location next.
It will direct you to the nearest Assist Wireless Store, where a company representative will assist you in filling out the application form.
Application via mail
Assist Wireless also offers free phone applications by mail. You must complete the Assist Wireless application form and print it from the website.
The form must be filled out, and your eligibility documents must be attached. Please complete the application and send it to Assist Wireless at 3030 LBJ Freeway, STE 1320, Dallas, TX 75234.
How to Activate Assist Wireless Free Phones?
Your free phone will arrive in your mailbox within five to ten business days after applying and getting approved. Activating your phone is the next step after receiving it.
Your phone must be activated before unlimited calling, texting, or data services on the company’s network.
To activate your free Assist Wireless phone, please follow the instructions below:
- Inserting the battery is the first step.
- Press and hold the power button on your phone to turn it on.
- Your screen instructs you to press 1 for English or “2 for Spanish.”
- Choose the language you prefer.
- Calls can be placed once you choose your language.
There is a difference in power between Assist Wireless phones. If the activation process fails, call Assist Wireless at 1-8553927747. If you need help activating your Assist Wireless phones, you can also send an email to [email protected].
What To Do If Assist Wireless Phone Gets Damaged, Stolen, Broken, or Lost?
Lost or stolen
Your account will be temporarily suspended if you call Customer Service immediately. Your service will be disconnected if you do not add a new device within 30 days.
A replacement Lifeline device can be purchased at retail locations. See if you can take advantage of any available offers by visiting a retail location or calling customer service (1-855-392-7747). If the device is compatible with our networks, customers may use their device as a replacement.
Broken or damaged
Here are the steps you can take to replace your device:
- You can purchase lifeline devices from retail stores to replace your current device.
- To find out if any offers are available, visit the retail location or contact customer service.
- Customers can bring their replacement device if it is compatible with our network.
It is important to note that your phone’s warranty may cover a defective device. You can find additional information regarding repairs or replacements in your device’s warranty.
Assist Wireless accepts returns for a full refund within 30 days of purchase for all handsets purchased directly from Assist Wireless. The subscriber is responsible for returning the entire handset, as it was when the service was activated. You can reach Assist Wireless Customer Service at 1-855-392-7747 for further instructions.
Assist Wireless Phone Upgrade Policy
Many places on Assist Wireless’ website mention that it offers device upgrades. Subscribers can also purchase upgraded smartphones as part of Assist’s terms and conditions. It is possible to find Assist’s device replacement and upgrade policies on its website.”
Assist Wireless’ website needs to provide information about upgrade phones. Contact their customer service at 1-855-392-7747 or one of their local dealers (https://www.assistwireless.com/locations/) if you want to upgrade your device.
Assist Wireless phones to vary in price based on the model and make. Lifeline consumers are usually offered at least one free phone option by Assist Wireless. Assist Wireless lifeline services must be enrolled to qualify for your free phone.
Why Assist Wireless is a Good Choice?
You have a lot of choices when it comes to Lifeline service providers, but Assist Wireless wants you to feel comfortable making your choice.
There are 23 locations in Oklahoma, so you can easily find one near you or in your city.
There are plans to add more locations in the future. You can enroll online or in person with the help of the customer service staff during enrollment.
The company also offers several benefits to its customers, including a payment match program, which provides a free month of service if a customer pays their bills on time, and a referral program which awards a $25 credit to the customer every time a friend signs up after they do.
A gift is given to you every year on your anniversary, and a credit on your birthday. Your new smartphone can be enhanced with a fantastic app.
The program lets you track your usage and determine when you need more data, minutes, or texts.
A free mobile phone program sponsored by the federal government was designed to assist low-income households.
A person who meets the income requirement and participates in other programs may qualify for this program.
Choose the right monthly tribal or nontribal plan for you by working with Assist Wireless to determine your eligibility for a free government iPhone.
Other Providers Offer Free Phones Under Lifeline?
Lifeline Assistance also offers free phones through the following wireless providers:
- Access Wireless
- Life Wireless
- SafeLink Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Q Link Wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
- Airtalk Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- Cricket Wireless
- TerraCom Wireless
Does Assist Wireless Offer Free Phone Plans?
Unfortunately, no. Low-income households can get free mobile phone plans with Assist Wireless through the Federal Lifeline Program. However, people who do not qualify for Assist Wireless Lifeline Program cannot get free phone plans from the company.
How long does Assist Wireless take for a free phone?
The phone usually arrives in your mailbox within a few days after your application is approved. Visiting a rail location and arranging things in person is always an option to speed up the process.
How good is Assist Wireless free phone?
They mention REVVL Plus on their website, a low midrange smartphone with a 6″ display. Therefore, other phones are likely to be in the same range. All Lifeline providers, including Assist Wireless, select free phones according to their availability.
The phone itself is one of the main advantages of a free or cheap phone for Lifeline recipients. Excellent phones are available for individuals who meet Assist Wireless’ Lifeline requirements and sign up for the plan. This is all we have explained to you regarding this. We hope you found it useful.