How to Get AT&T Wireless Free Government Phone? – AT&T government discount is available only to LifeLine qualifying customers on AT&T Wireless or wireline service (not both). The AT&T Lifeline cell phone discount, the AT&T home phone and internet discount, as well as the AT&T Wireless free government phone, are discussed in this article.
Additionally, we will review AT&T’s internet service for low-income families and seniors and show you how to get cheap internet service starting at $5 per month.
What is AT&T Wireless?
AT&T Corporation is a United States-based wireless telephone company. There are four major carriers in the United States, and this is one of them. Millions of people are subscribed to its cellular network, which has its towers and nationwide coverage.
Their mobile devices range from basic flip phones to the most advanced smartphones. They are made from the most reputable brands, with various plans, Lifeline discounts on wireless, home phone, and internet services for eligible customers, a reliable network, responsive customer service, and much more.
Reasons for Joining AT&T Wireless
There are many providers of lifelines available to you. What makes AT&T Wireless different from other wireless carriers? Below are some of the features that make this organization exceptional.
There is a high data cap on it
Obtaining an unlimited data plan from AT&T is possible for an affordable price. Some plans include data limits or data that are deprioritized. The slowdown is likely caused by using a certain quantity of high-speed data, especially when congestion occurs. This makes AT&T Wireless different from the rest of the industry, as it offers large data caps. This service makes downloading tunes, watching HD TV, playing online games, and streaming movies easier.
Provides a broad range of services
The AT&T network is available virtually everywhere, so you will unlikely have any problems accessing it. According to the company, its network is said to cover 97% of the country. Thus, you can take advantage of this firm’s coverage at home or away from it.
Provides the greatest experience with prepaid
The finest prepaid independence is available from ATT, which charges no annual commitments, no credit checks, or activation fees for online orders. With prepaid packages from the business, you can save a lot of money and get incredible benefits.
Offers excellent phones
ATT offers a wide selection of new and pre-owned phones. Many styles, shapes, and functions are available for all types of phones. The GSM network powers all of these phones, the fastest in the country. With this, you can enjoy the best voice quality and unmatched global roaming capabilities.
Provides excellent security
AT&T is committed to protecting its customers’ data. In addition to providing free security tools and 24/7 network security, the business offers secure browsing and identity monitoring as part of its unlimited subscriptions.
Has plans that are reasonably priced
- ATT cellular plans are available for individuals, families, and prepaid customers. Here are some examples to illustrate:
- The unlimited elite plan from AT&T costs about $50 per month when you get four lines and includes unlimited texts, calls, high-speed data, and 5G support.
- AT&T’s unlimited extra plan gives you unlimited everything (text, voice, and data) and 5G access for just $40 per line for four lines.
- The Unlimited Starter Plan from AT&T offers unlimited everything, 5G access, and unlimited everything in Mexico and Canada for just $35 per line when you purchase 4 lines.
How to Get AT&T Wireless Free Government Phone?
To know if you are eligible for a free government phone, visit the AT&T Lifeline help page. To find out whether Lifeline service is available in your area and what AT&T wireless plans are eligible, you must enter the zip code of your home.
Your Lifeline provider must meet the requirements if you meet them. Wireless plans from AT&T, such as AT&T Wireless Smartphone and AT&T Wireless Home Phone, are eligible for Lifeline discounts. AT&T requires an application after you choose a plan.
AT&T retail locations, mail, or online are all options for this. The Lifeline program requires proof of your eligibility, such as proof of income, enrollment in specific government assistance programs, or citizenship or lawful presence in the country.
You will be able to reduce your AT&T wireless cost if you are accepted into the Lifeline program. Additionally, your state may offer Lifeline regulations that allow you to get a free phone.
State method for receiving free government phone from ATT Wireless
Receiving a free government phone from ATT Wireless is very easy and quick. Each state has its method, however. This is how it is depicted:
- The Texas Lifeline can be reached at 866.454.8387, at texaslifeline.org, or by mail.
- If you need assistance in Oregon, you can apply online at puc.state.or.us/Pages/rspf/Otap.aspx or call the Oregon lifeline at 855.761.7994.
- Call 800.288.2020 on weekdays between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. PDT for your free phone in California.
- Visit an AT&T store in Rushmore Crossing for assistance in obtaining your free AT&T phone if you live in South Dakota, live on a Pine Ridge reservation, and are a member of the Pine Ridge Oglala Sioux tribe. It is at 1325 Eglin Street, Suite 200, Rapid City, SD 57701.
- For those living outside Texas, California, Oregon, Puerto Rico, South Dakota, and the US Virgin Islands, you can apply online at nationalverifier.servicenowservices.com/lifeline to receive a free ATT wireless government phone. The number for assistance is 866.512.1105, which is available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on weekdays.
How do I Qualify for AT&T Lifeline Program?
It’s important to know that not all citizens of the United States are eligible to receive the AT&T Lifeline program’s affordable phone and internet services. The result is that many qualifications need to be met.
It varies from state to state what these specifications are. Therefore, you should check your state’s eligibility before applying for the AT&T Lifeline Program. Below are the qualifications applicable to all states.
It would help if you considered your income
It is possible to apply here if you are from a low-income household. A limit of 135% of the federal poverty level is imposed on income. It is important to note that these requirements vary from state to state. The federal poverty guidelines help you determine if you qualify for assistance in your state.
Aid initiatives sponsored by the government
Those who receive government assistance or those in their household are eligible. Several initiatives support nutrition assistance, Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income, veterans’ pensions, public housing assistance, and tribal programs on recognized tribal lands.
Additional Qualification Requirements
The following requirements must be met to qualify for a free ATT government phone:
- A good-standing ATT internet client at an acceptable location is required.
- The Lifeline Program requires subscribers to have a planning meeting minimal service requirements.
- You must renew your lifeline discount every year to avoid losing it.
- It must be impossible for the person to take advantage of any other lifeline discounts.
Application Process for AT&T Lifeline Program Approval
There may be a difference in the application process for AT&T Lifeline based on where you live. The following are the steps you can take if you do not reside in Oregon, Texas, Puerto Rico, South Dakota, or the Virgin Islands:
- Visit nationalverifier.servicenowservices.com/lifeline for more information.
- Select your country or state.
- Click on “get started” to begin.
- The following information must be entered: legal name, birthdate, social security number, and residential address.
- Select the qualifying option that best describes you. Your child/dependent may qualify for Lifeline, or you may qualify through yourself.
- Fill out the online application for ATT Lifeline and follow the instructions on the screen.
Documents You Need for AT&T Lifeline Program
ATT lifeline programs require you to submit several supporting documents. This document provides proof of identification and eligibility.
You must attach copies of your documents when you meet the eligibility requirement. Here are some examples:
- Three consecutive pay stubs
- A copy of your most recent federal, state, or tribal tax return
Documents related to government aid programs
- Federal housing award letter
- Medicaid card cover letter or any other government assistance program that provides supplemental security income.
Documents that prove your identity
A birth certificate, a driver’s license, or a state identification card.
Which States Have the AT&T Lifeline Program?
Lifeline discounts are available for wireless, home phone, and internet services at AT&T.
Certain areas of the following states offer Lifeline discounts on wireless services. You can contact AT&T customer service to check whether Lifeline discounts are available where you live.
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Liberty Mobile offers the Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands Lifeline discounts.
In certain areas of the states listed below, Lifeline discounts are available on home phone and internet services. Contact AT&T’s customer service if you want to know whether or not a Lifeline discount is available at your location.
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
What Kind of Government Phone is AT&T Wireless Giving for Free?
The AT&T Wireless Lifeline program does not provide free government phones. A lifeline savings plan on landlines and wireless internet is offered in its place. Conversely, keep going if you would like a free phone from ATT.
Both new and existing customers are given free phones if they trade in an eligible device in exchange for promotional offers.
AT&T now offers the following brands for free:
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 Pro
- Motorola LG
Which Other Providers Offer Free Phones Under Lifeline?
Lifeline also offers free phones through the following providers:
- Access Wireless
- Airtalk Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- Life Wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
- SafeLink Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Q Link Wireless
- Cricket Wireless
- Assist Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- enTouch Wireless
- FeelSafe Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
What Are AT&T Lifeline Program Restrictions?
The Lifeline program has several benefits as well as some restrictions, including:
- It does not matter if the service provider is the same; only one Lifeline discount is available per household.
- Transferring a Lifeline discount to another person or family member is impossible.
- If you are no longer eligible for Lifeline or are otherwise removed from the program, the carrier will automatically change your plan to the most beneficial one. A different plan may also be chosen at att.com/myatt.
- Some features may not be available with a Lifeline discount on wireless services, including data, text messages, and other enhanced services.
- There may be other restrictions depending on the location. On AT&T’s website, you will find state-specific brochures.
Does AT&T Provide a Free EBB Tablet?
Not at all. Wireless company AT&T participates in several EBB and Affordable Connectivity Programs (ACPs), which help eligible consumers save on broadband services. Although the company doesn’t provide free tablets, members can receive a $100 discount on tablets, laptops, and desktop computers from participating providers.
How can I get my ATT Wireless Free Government Phone?
As a member of the ATT Wireless Free Government Phone program, you can choose from various AT&T Wireless phones. The phone will then be delivered to you free of charge by AT&T Wireless.
How do I activate my AT&T Wireless Free Phone?
If you want to activate your AT&T Wireless Free Government Phone, call AT&T Wireless at 1-800-937-8997 and follow the instructions.
When it comes to connectivity, AT&T is one of the best carriers. As well as offering excellent customer service, they have a wide range of products that can be customized based on your needs. You can rely on AT&T to provide reliable service if you live on tribal lands under the Lifeline program.