How to Convert Verizon SIM to eSIM? – Do you find carrying a physical SIM card tedious when you use your smartphone? Have you ever wished your phone number and data plan were stored conveniently on your device? You should convert to an eSIM if this is the case.
You may need to convert your Verizon SIM to an eSIM if you got a new device. This is a completely new product. However, we can assist you in setting it up. Even though it sounds complicated, it isn’t that difficult. If you follow the steps carefully, it should take you less than 10 minutes to complete.
A physical SIM card cannot be removed or swapped like an eSIM. The eSIM is embedded into the device and cannot be removed. It is important, however, that your carrier or network supports the embedded SIM. A SIM card is embedded inside the phone, eliminating the need to switch between the physical and virtual ones when you change service providers.
Things to Consider While Converting Physical SIM to eSIM Verizon
Verizon Wireless, the country’s largest carrier, supports eSIM instead of physical SIM cards on the latest devices. Verizon SIMs can easily be converted to eSIMs if you are a subscriber.
The best way to convert your physical SIM to an eSIM is to learn about some important things to consider before getting started –
Strong WiFi connection
You will need a good WiFi connection to convert Verizon SIM to eSIM. Installing an eSIM on your device requires a WiFi connection. However, some models can be activated without being connected to a network, such as iPhone 14.
IMEI of your phone
You will need your phone’s IMEI number to set up an eSIM with Verizon. You can find your phone’s IMEI by dialing *#06#.
SIM conversion from QR code
Your device must support eSIM to convert Verizon SIM to eSIM. For devices that don’t support eSIM conversion, you can scan a QR code to activate your eSIM by contacting Verizon customer care. Converting your Verizon SIM to an eSIM is simple once you follow these steps.
Activate your eSIM
Once you purchase an eSIM plan from Verizon, activate your eSIM. Verizon offers two methods for doing so. Verizon customer support is available via the My Verizon app and by contacting Verizon. It is easy to convert Verizon SIMs to eSIMs once you have the necessary things.
How to Convert Verizon SIM to eSIM?
We have provided a step-by-step guide to help you easily convert your Verizon SIM to eSIM –
Log in to your Verizon Account
The first step in converting Verizon SIMs to eSIMs is to log into your Verizon account.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Open a web browser and visit the Verizon sign-in page.
- Sign in to your account by clicking on the sign-in option.
- Please enter your Verizon user ID or mobile number.
- The next step is to choose the authentication method.
- Click the sign-in icon and enter your password.
Activate your eSIM phone on your current line
To use your physical SIM number for your eSIM, log in to your Verizon account and manage your existing phone number.
Here are the steps for converting your Verizon physical SIM number to an eSIM:
- Open your Verizon account and select Manage Devices.
- You can choose the phone you have.
- Switch your mobile number by selecting the option.
- On an existing line, select Activate.
- You will now be asked if the number was previously associated with your account. Choose “No.”
Submit your Phone’s IMEI Number
Verizon requires your smartphone’s IMEI number for verification. Here are the steps you need to follow to verify your device’s IMEI number with Verizon:
- The second step will display a text box.
- As this is the eSIM number for your device, you must enter the IMEI2 here. Verizon will process the information, generating an ICCID or SIM number.
- Verizon will now send you a text confirmation code.
- When you enter the confirmation code, you will receive a QR code from Verizon.
Setup your Verizon eSIM by scanning the activation QR code
The final step in converting Verizon SIM to eSIM is setting your eSIM using a QR code. The eSIM activation QR code will be sent via text or email. The eSIM setup process can begin once you have the code.
To finally set up your Verizon eSIM on your device, follow these steps:
- Start by turning off your phone.
- You need to remove your physical SIM card.
- Turn on your phone.
- Now Open the Setting Application.
- Click on “Cellular.”
- Click on “I agree” to accept the agreement.
- Choose “Add a cellular plan.”
- Finally, scan the QR code.
Check whether your eSIM is activated
The QR code only takes 1-3 minutes to be activated. Activation can sometimes be delayed due to technical issues. To ensure that your eSIM has been activated successfully, it is recommended that you check.
To check the same, follow these steps:
- Wait 1-3 minutes after scanning the QR code.
- Make sure your eSIM is activated by checking its status.
- Restart your phone if the activation status is not displayed.
- Re-scan the QR code after the last step.
- Confirm that it is activated by placing a test call once it has been activated.
Steps to Activate Verizon eSIM
An eSIM plan must be purchased and activated for Verizon SIMs to be converted to eSIMs.
Verizon’s eSIM can be activated via the “My Verizon app” and by contacting Verizon’s customer service at 800-922-0204.
The following steps can be followed to activate your Verizon eSIM:
- Go to your device’s Settings.
- Click on Network & Internet.
- The Plus button will appear next to SIMs.
- Choose “Download a SIM” from the menu.
- Select “Next” from the menu.
- You can scan your QR code by clicking here.
- To activate your eSIM, click “Done” once you have confirmed your QR code.
Steps to Activate a Verizon Physical SIM
- Ensure that you have a physical Verizon SIM card.
- To activate your SIM card, dial *228 on your Verizon phone and select “1 ”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete activation.
You can contact Verizon customer support if you need assistance activating your Verizon physical SIM card.
Can I convert any Verizon SIM to an eSIM?
It is possible to convert Verizon SIMs to eSIMs. You will need to ensure your devices are compatible with eSIM. Verizon or the device manufacturer can let you know if your device is compatible.
Can I use both physical SIM and eSIM on my device simultaneously?
There are several factors to consider, including the device and carrier. An eSIM and a physical SIM card on some devices supporting dual-SIM functionality is possible.
How do I get an eSIM activation code from Verizon?
Contact Verizon customer support or download the My Verizon app or website for an eSIM activation code.