If you want a free mobile phone, switch to Cricket Wireless today to get Cricket Wireless Free Government Phone. Due to a new offer from Cricket Wireless, new customers switching to their network can now receive free smartphones.
This carrier offers an array of affordable cell phone plans in addition to giving you a free mobile phone. This means that staying connected won’t break the bank. In detail, we will examine Cricket Wireless’s free phones and new customer deals from this carrier.
AT&T’s Cricket Wireless no-contract subsidiary of AT&T offers customers prepaid plans with affordable smartphones. A couple of special Cricket deals stand out right now, even though many of Cricket’s smartphones are already priced fairly. Our Cricket deals post includes the best Cricket deals, but please keep in mind that certain conditions apply.
What is a Cricket Lifeline and ACP Discount?
As the government recognized phone services are a basic necessity in the 1980s, the FCC launched Lifeline, a government assistance program. The program was designed to help low-income households afford communications services. The Lifeline program offers a discount of up to $9.25 on phone, wireless, or internet services each month (or up to $34.25 for eligible Tribal families).
For qualifying households, the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) offers a brand-new federal benefits program that helps reduce the cost of service. The program offers a discount of up to $30 per month (or $75 per month for eligible Tribal families).
As mentioned, Cricket Wireless does not offer discounts on cell phones or internet-connected devices (tablets, laptops, or desktop computers) as some Lifeline and ACP providers do.
Does Cricket Wireless offer Free Government Phones?
Actually, no. ACP and Lifeline are government assistance programs that Cricket Wireless participates in, and discounts on monthly service plans. However, the company offers no Free phone program through these programs.
Depending on the provider, Lifeline and ACP offers will vary. Other providers offer discounts only on mobile devices like cell phones, laptops, tablets, or desktops, while others only offer discounts on monthly services.
There are even some providers that distribute free smartphones with several benefits. A discounted monthly plan is available through Cricket Wireless’ Lifeline and ACP programs, but Cricket Wireless Free Government Phone is unavailable.
As a result of their promotional deals and offers, Cricket wireless provides free phones to their customers. Cricket Wireless can provide free government phones through its Lifeline and ACP programs in the future.
What is Cricket Wireless Program?
The Cricket Wireless network is owned by AT&T and is one of the largest in the world. Customers from all over the country benefit from the company’s high-quality services and products.
The Cricket network offers users reputable mobile devices, affordable and versatile cell phone plans, inexpensive prepaid plans, frequent device specials, reliable wireless services, and no annual contracts. A discount on monthly services is also offered to low-income customers through Cricket’s participation in Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Programs.
How Do You Get a Free Phone at Cricket Wireless?
Lifeline and ACP programs from Cricket Wireless do not offer free phones to government agencies. However, the company offers free mobile devices as part of its promotional offers.
There are certain conditions attached to Cricket’s promotional deals, including:
- It’s time for you to switch to Cricket
- To activate a select plan, you must bring your number
- You need to add a line
- It must be an old, working device that you are willing to trade in
- If you want another device for free, you must buy one at full price
The current selection of free and discounted phones can be found at cricketwireless.com/current-phone-and-plan-deals, as Cricket updates its promotional deals periodically. Cricket’s current deals can be found in the following sections.
How to qualify for Cricket Wireless Free or Low-cost Phones?
You must fulfill certain strict eligibility requirements to participate in the Cricket Wireless Lifeline or ACP programs and qualify for Free Government Phones or discounted monthly rates.
These programs require certain prerequisites for application.
- You must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor.
- Cricket Wireless Lifeline and ACP programs are only available in states where they are available.
Lifeline and ACP further eligibility requirements can be checked if you meet these conditions.
Documentation needed to qualify for Cricket Wireless Free Government Phone through Lifeline and ACP
You must provide valid government documentation during the application process to prove your qualifications. Your eligibility for Cricket’s benefit programs will determine which documents you need.
Here is a list of accepted documents based on your eligibility.
1. Proof of Income
The document showing your income below the threshold limit must prove your low-income status. Your income statement and full name must appear on the document you submit.
Following is a list of the officially accepted documents:
- Your employer’s current income statement
- A copy of your paycheck stub
- Tax return from last year, whether federal, state, or tribal
- Statement of retirement/pension benefits
- Benefits statement from Social Security
- Divorce decree
- Benefits statement from the Veterans Administration
- Award of child support
- Benefits statement for unemployment or workers’ compensation
2. Proof of program participation
You must submit a document indicating your participation in another government program if you are eligible for Cricket wireless benefits. Please provide your full name, the date the document was issued, the authority that issued it, and the program name in the document you submit.
There are the following documents that have been accepted:
- Approval letter from the government
- Letter of benefit award
- Benefits statement
- Letter of benefit verification
The application process may require additional information besides eligibility documents, such as a document verifying your age, address, or identity.
3. Proof of identity
- Birth Certificate
- U.S. driver’s license
- A valid government, military, state, or tribal ID
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
4. Proof of Address
- Driver’s license
- Utility bill
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
- Mortgage or lease statement
- A valid government, state, and tribal ID
When submitting your application, you must submit a copy of your eligibility documents instead of the original.
How to apply for Cricket Wireless Free Government Phone?
The first step in applying for a Cricket Wireless Free Government Phone is to apply through National Verifier to see if you qualify for Cricket Wireless’ Lifeline and ACP programs. Cricket Wireless Free Phone application can be submitted once National Verifier approves you.
Below are the steps for applying through the National Verifier.
- Visit nv.fcc.gov/lifeline.
- Opens the homepage of National Verifier.
- You can sign in by clicking the blue “Consumer sign in” button.
- Please sign in with your credentials if you are an existing customer.
- The “create your account” option is below the page if you’re a new user.
- You must first create an account and then log in.
- Click on the drop-down icon to select your state.
- To get started, click the “Get Started” button.
- The Cricket Wireless Lifeline and ACP program application form, will appear when you enter your state.
- Apply with the required details on the application form.
- Please attach a copy of your eligibility documents.
- The final step is to submit your application.
- You must wait for the National Verifier’s approval.
- Following your National Verifier approval, you can fill out the Lifeline or ACP application form, depending on your state’s availability.
States where Cricket Wireless offers Lifeline and ACP Program
In 28 states, Cricket Wireless offers monthly service discounts to eligible households, including Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, California, Illinois, Nebraska, North Carolina, Texas, Washington DC, Kansas, Ohio, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington State, Wisconsin, and Idaho.
How Do I Switch To Cricket Wireless And Get Free Phones?
A new phone can be obtained easily and quickly by switching to Cricket Wireless. It is possible to complete the entire process online so that you can do it from your home. You may have to go through a different process depending on whether you want to bring your phone or purchase one from Cricket Wireless. You should follow these steps:
1. Decide whether you want to purchase a new phone or bring your own
First, you need to decide whether to bring your phone to Cricket Wireless or buy a new model entirely. You can check Cricket Wireless’ best deals here https://www.cricketwireless.com/current-phone-and-plan-deals/android if you want to purchase a new Cricket Wireless mobile device.
They can even be compared with free models to see which suits your needs best. Click ‘Add to Cart’ once you are finished, and follow the instructions on your screen to complete your order.
You can unlock your mobile device by visiting https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/bring-your-phone/ and entering the code provided. In addition, you will be able to check the compatibility of your device by selecting the type and typing in your ID or IMEI number. Cricket Wireless requires that you unlock your device before it works on its network.
2. Choosing a cricket plan
It’s time to choose the Cricket Wireless plan that best fits your needs after determining whether you will get a new mobile phone or bring your existing one to Cricket Wireless.
Cricket cell phone plans start at $30 per month so you can enjoy them on your device for as low as $60 per year. A good thing about this plan is that it includes unlimited texts and calls. For a free mobile device, you must choose an unlimited plan for $55 or $60. Once you select one of these plans, you will receive a SIM card to enjoy Cricket’s services immediately.
3. Transfer or select a number
It would help if you decided whether you would like to transfer your current phone number or obtain a new one after choosing your Cricket Wireless cell phone plan and obtaining your SIM card. If you keep your old number, you won’t have to introduce yourself whenever you call or text your friends and family.
Furthermore, since people already have your contact information on their mobile devices, they can reach you anytime. Lastly, keeping your number as a business person pays off as customers always call you if they need a new product or service.
Cricket Wireless requires your own number to provide a free mobile phone. In this section, you will need to provide a few details, including:
- The account number and the provider you’re currently using
- You need your PIN or password
- Your Social Security Number’s last four digits
- ZIP code for billing
4. Cricket service activation
The switch process can begin now that you have a device, a cell phone plan, and a phone number. You will continue to have your current service and the phone until you activate Cricket Wireless.
It is important to ensure everything is working optimally with Cricket Wireless before completely canceling your account with the carrier you used to use.
5. Download the myCricket App
You must download the myCricket App to manage your Cricket Wireless account easily. You can download this App from the Google Play Store or the App Store. All Cricket Wireless services can now be accessed with this App.
How Do I Activate A Cricket Wireless Phone After Switching?
It is now possible for you to activate your Cricket Wireless SIM card after successfully switching to Cricket Wireless. You can start by following these steps:
- Activate your account by visiting cricketwireless.com/activate.html# and clicking ‘Get Started.’
- Please select the type of device you have. Many options exist, including Android, Apple, Windows, etc.
- Insert your newly acquired Cricket Wireless SIM card. Be sure to turn off your device as you do this. The SIM card must be inserted, and the device must be turned on. Click ‘I’m Ready’ on Cricket’s activation site.
- You can choose between Cricket Wireless or another retailer near you on the same site. Select ‘Cricket’ and tap ‘Continue’ if the phone or SIM card was purchased from Cricket Wireless.
- A new question on the screen will ask if you are a new customer or already have Cricket service. Select the ‘New Customer’ option and click the ‘Continue’ button to proceed.
- On your screen, you will see fields where you can type in your order and Cricket phone numbers. Click on ‘Submit’ once all information has been verified.
- This will activate Cricket on your device once you’ve completed the steps. Even sending text messages or making calls can help determine whether everything works properly. Cricket cell phone service can be enjoyed if everything is fine with the old service.
You do not need to panic if you experience hiccups during activation. Visit cricketwireless.com/support/phone-troubleshooting, choose your mobile device’s manufacturer, and then follow the instructions on your screen. The Cricket Wireless customer support team is available at 1-800-CRICKET (274-3538).
What Are Lifeline and ACP Program Restrictions?
There are certain rules and program restrictions associated with Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), including the following:
- There is only one Lifeline and ACP discount per household.
- There is a limit of one application per household.
- Only one provider can provide you with benefits at a time. However, you can switch providers anytime.
- Continuing to receive the benefit requires you to use it at least once a month.
- It is necessary to reapply every year.
- The provider must be notified within 30 days if you are no longer eligible.
These are some of the phones that are compatible with Cricket Wireless:
- iPhone SE 2022
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- LG X charge
- Motorola moto g 5G
- Motorola moto g pure
- Motorola moto g stylus 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A03s
- Samsung Galaxy A13 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A53 5G
- Samsung Galaxy moto g power
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G
- TCL Classic
What are the benefits of Cricket Wireless?
Cricket offers unlimited texts and calls and AT&T’s 5G network. It offers 2 GB, 10 GB, and unlimited data plans beginning at $30 a month. Also available is a family plan with unlimited data for $100 per month, although the data speed is limited to 8 megabits per second.
Does Cricket participate in the ACP?
ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) is a federal program offered by Cricket that helps qualified households lower their monthly service costs. ACP can benefit from $30/month or $75/month. If you have a Cricket service, you can access eligible Tribal lands.
Is Cricket Wireless a good phone service?
It’s good, thanks to AT&T’s coverage. There is no doubt that Cricket’s data speed is not its greatest claim to fame, but the company’s overall coverage is surprisingly good. With Cricket, you get the same coverage you would get with a more expensive carrier, thanks to AT&T’s network.
Creating meaningful connections is the core of Cricket’s mission. Our reliable nationwide network provides a hassle-free and high-quality wireless experience. You won’t be required to sign a contract or pay monthly taxes with our affordable, straightforward plans. A range of basic and top-brand phones are also available at affordable prices for our customers. Cricket Wireless, part of AT&T’s Prepaid Portfolio, was the fastest-growing prepaid carrier in the United States in Q1 2021.