Easy Wireless Free Government Phones – The government provides free and easy-to-use phones. No prepaid wireless plans are available in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico, but Easy Wireless offers prepaid wireless service across the US. Wireless Lifeline support is available in Kentucky, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
All services are delivered through one of the most popular networks in the country. Providing low-income families with free and subsidized landlines and mobile phones, the Lifeline Aid Program is a federal assistance program.
The federal government created the Lifeline Assistance program in 1985 to recognize the importance of having access to a phone and concern about low-income households’ inability to afford it. The Lifeline Assistance program provides free phone service to consumers who meet federal or state eligibility requirements.
What is Easy Wireless?
The Affordable Connectivity Program and Lifeline are two of Easy Wireless’ popular services. It offers free cell phone services because it participates in Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program, two government-sponsored programs that offer discounts for low-income households and individuals.
This is why Easy Wireless participates in these two government programs – they want low-income people to access free phone services to stay in touch with their loved ones, jobs, education, healthcare providers, emergency services, and more.
Easy Wireless – Lifeline/ACP Free Device
Easy Wireless offers the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and the Lifeline program. Due to this, eligible households can receive a free Smartphone as well as a free service. The service includes free monthly talk, text, and a few gigabytes of data based on where you live and what plan you choose.
There are currently three Easy Wireless plans available in Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky, and Oklahoma:
Lifeline & ACP
There are three plans, but this one is the most comprehensive. The program offers the following:
- Smartphone for free
- Text and Talk for Free Each Month
- Unlimited monthly data for free
- SIM card for free
The intermediate plan offers the following features:
- Smartphone for free
- A free monthly text and talk service
- 5 GB of free data per month
- SIM card provided for free if needed
Lifeline-only plans offered by Easy Wireless are as follows:
- For smartphones, $25 is available
- Talk minutes of 1,000 per month
- Monthly text messages for free
- Bring your phone for a free SIM card
- There is 25 MB of data available
Tribal Lifeline Only
- Smartphone for free
- Text for free
- Talk for free
- High-speed data of 6 GB
Several features are included with all three plans, including caller ID, call waiting, call forwarding, voicemail, three-way calling, text-to-picture messaging, 911 emergency services, 411 directory assistance, and 611 customer care support.
How to Get Easy Wireless Free Government Phones?
If you qualify for a Lifeline or ACP program, you will receive a free Easy Wireless government phone. The government established the Lifeline program in 1985 to provide the public with free or discounted phone plans.
An ACP program provides qualified individuals with discounted or free broadband or free government phone service.
Easy Wireless Lifeline Program How Do I Qualify?
The Lifeline and ACP programs provide Easy Wireless with free services. The company’s free benefits can only be accessed by participating in one or both programs. Easy Wireless offers free government phone service to a limited number of people.
These programs require the following conditions to be eligible:
- You must be 18 years old to participate.
- To qualify for Easy Wireless Lifeline or ACP, you must reside in one of the participating states.
If you meet these two prerequisites, you may be eligible for free government phone service from Easy Wireless.
There are several criteria to meet to be eligible for the Lifeline program.
To be considered low-income, you must earn at least 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines annually. Those who are eligible for ACP will be 200% below the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
If you or any member of your family is enrolled in a government-sponsored program, you may qualify.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Pensions and Survivor Benefits for Veterans
- The Federal Public Housing Assistance Program (Section 8)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Poor Families (Tribal TANF)
- BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance)
- Income-qualified tribal head start
- A school breakfast program offered through the US Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision;
You may also qualify for Easy Wireless ACP if any household member has received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award period.
Documents needed for the Easy Wireless Lifeline and ACP program?
A free government phone from Easy Wireless is not automatically available to those who know they are eligible.
You must provide certain government documentation with your application to prove your eligibility.
You can provide the following official documentation when applying, depending on your eligibility.
Proof of Income
The document must include your full name, income statement, etc. if you are applying on a low-income basis.
Official documents include –
- Your employer’s latest income statement
- State, federal, or tribal tax return for last year
- General Assistance notice by the federal government or tribal government
- Benefits statement from Social Security
- Statement of benefits for unemployment or workers’ compensation
- Statement of benefits for retirement or pension
- Pay stubs for four consecutive months
- W2 form
- Benefits statement from the Veteran Administration
Proof of program participation
The certificate must contain your name, program name, the name of the organization issuing the certificate, the date of issuance, and your full address if you apply based on your government program participation.
Accepted official documents include –
- A letter of benefit award
- Letter of Government Approval
- Letter of benefit verification
- Benefits statement
The application process may also require verifying your age, address, and identity. There are several types of documentation you may provide in such a case.
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill
- USdriver’s license
- A valid state, government, or military ID.
- Permanent residence card
- Recent W-2 forms
- Certificate of US citizenship
- Certificate of emancipation
Your eligibility documents must only be submitted as a copy at the time of application, not in their original format.
How to apply for Easy Wireless Free Government Phone?
You can apply for Easy Wireless free government phone if you qualify for Lifeline and ACP programs. This section contains information about your eligibility and the documentation you will need.
The application process will be discussed in detail here.
Applying for the free government phone through Easy Wireless is possible in two ways.
Directly apply for Easy Wireless Free Government Phones through your provider.
If you are eligible, you can apply online at Easy Wireless’ official website for a free government phone.
The following steps will guide you through the process.
- Click here – https://www.myeasywireless.com/qualify-now
- Please enter your email address and ZIP code.
- You can enroll now by clicking “Enroll Now.”
- The Easy Wireless Lifeline or ACP application form will be displayed.
- Please fill out the application with all the necessary information.
- You must attach the necessary documentation to prove your eligibility.
- The last step is to submit your application.
The provider will review your application once it has been submitted.
The application can also be submitted offline by finding a local Easy Wireless representative and visiting them in person.
You can apply directly to your provider via mail for a free government phone through Easy Wireless.
Applying for Easy Wireless’s free government phone is possible by mail.
You can apply via mail by following the steps below –
- You can download and print the application form at https://www.myeasywireless.com/media/wysiwyg/pdf-files/LI Application nonNVstates.pdf.
- Please fill out the application form.
- The application form should be accompanied by your eligibility supporting documents.
- You can send your application package to – Easy Wireless, PO Box 831717, Ocala, Fl 34483.
If you would like more information, please call Easy Wireless at (855) 574-2036
What Benefits Do I Get After Qualifying for Lifeline and ACP?
The following benefits are available depending on whether you qualify for the Easy Wireless Lifeline plan, ACP plan, or a combined Lifeline + ACP government benefit program:
- Smartphones for free
- Text messages are free
- Minutes of free talk
- Monthly data for free
- Wi-Fi hotspots in millions of cities for free
- Voicemail and emergency services are free
- Voicemail for free
- Free caller ID
- This limited-time offer is subject to ACP eligibility. Also included is an 8-inch tablet for only $10.99
How to Activate / Unlock the Phone After Receiving an Easy Wireless Free Phone?
You must activate your Easy Wireless free cell phone when you receive it or confirm that your old mobile device is Easy Wireless compatible.
Easy Wireless free cell phones can be activated by following these steps:
- It’s time to turn on your new phone.
- Test the new phone by dialing 611.
- Enter the required data when prompted by option 1.
BYOP-compatible smartphones can be activated by following these steps:
- You will need to insert your Easy Wireless SIM card.
- Activate your phone and allow the SIM to pair with your device.
- Make a test call once the pairing is complete.
Customer service can be reached at 877-476-3451 if you have any issues. You must make at least one telephone call monthly to keep the free service active.
What to Do if an Easy Wireless Phone Gets Damaged, Stolen, Broken, or Lost?
If your Easy Wireless phone is damaged, stolen, broken, or lost, notify the company’s customer service immediately. Any additional charges will remain your responsibility until you do so.
Easy Wireless provides a 48-hour warranty on all free cell phones. In this time frame, customer service will provide you with a replacement device at no charge. The company offers a $20 discount on replacement phones after the 48-hour warranty period has expired.
The replacement policy can be found at myeasywireless.com/terms-of-use.
Which States Does Easy Wireless Offer Free Services?
Easy Wireless offers Lifeline, Lifeline + ACP, and Lifeline plans. Depending on the state, they offer different plans. Households in the following states qualify for discounts and free services under the Lifeline and ACP programs:
- Arkansas (offers both ACP and Lifeline)
- Kentucky (offers both ACP and Lifeline)
- Missouri (offers both ACP and Lifeline)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Oklahoma (offers both ACP and Lifeline)
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
The following companies offer free government phones under the Lifeline program.
Companies offer free government phones under the Lifeline program.
- Access Wireless
- Assist Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- SafeLink Wireless
- Life Wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
- Airtalk Wireless
- Q Link Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- Cricket Wireless
- AT&T Wireless
Can I bring my phone to easy Wireless?
If you own a working device, use the Easy Wireless’ Bring Your Own Phone program. The Easy Wireless SIM card can be installed on your own compatible device, which allows you to keep your own compatible device. You should be able to use your GSM handset on our network, but we’ll check to ensure. Taking a few minutes is all it takes.
Are phones provided by Easy Wireless free?
The EASY Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) will provide you with a FREE brand-new smartphone if you qualify for the Lifeline or Affordable Connectivity Program (Lifeline). A FREE monthly talk, text, and data plan will also be available if you meet the requirements—access to hotspots.
When I meet the requirements, how soon will I receive my smartphone?
The following business day after you are approved, You will receive your new phone and SIM card from Easy Wireless. Depending on when you receive your phone, you should be able to activate it within a week to ten days.
Easy Wireless’s top priority is to make wireless services as easy and stress-free as possible for its clients. Their contracts are short and clear and do not include penalties. They give you the most flexibility in adjusting your plans and finding the ones that meet your needs. A free government phone is also available through Easy Wireless’ participation in the Lifeline Program.