This article explains how to get a FeelSafe Wireless free government phone. The company was founded to provide low-income Americans with free government phones and minutes. The free cell phone and service come with 500MB of data each month, just like the free government phone you receive. The program aims to help low-income families maintain relationships with their loved ones, friends, and important resources.
Several states, including California, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina, provide Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program benefits to FeelSafe Wireless customers. After being purchased by HTH Communications, FeelSafe was renamed AirTalk Wireless. HTH Communications also own Cintex and NewPhone Wireless.
HTH Communications acquired AirTalk Wireless in 2022, which owns Cintex Wireless and NewPhone Wireless. Customers eligible for Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Programs (ACP) can use free monthly wireless services from AirTalk Wireless (formerly FeelSafe Wireless).
What is FeelSafe Wireless?
Investing in Cintex, NewPhone Wireless, and FeelSafe Wireless, HTH Communications acquired AirTalk Wireless in 2022. Customers eligible for Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Programs (ACP) can get free wireless services from AirTalk Wireless (formerly FeelSafe Wireless).
Free Lifeline and ACP plans are available with unlimited talk, text, and high-speed data from AirTalk (formerly FeelSafe Wireless). Those who qualify can also receive a free mobile phone and a highly discounted ACP tablet. The provider offers various other services, top-up plans, upgrades, and hotspots.
How to Get a Feelsafe Wireless Free Government Phone?
Feelsafe Wireless provides high-quality wireless Internet services to low-income families for free. Calls, texts, and emails can be made from cell phones and landlines, as well as streaming videos and downloading files via the internet.
For more information about the program and how to apply, visit the Feelsafe Wireless website first. Submit your completed application forms online after completing the online application process. Upon submitting your application, your free phone number will be sent via email within 24 hours.
If you want to access the internet or make calls, you’ll need your Feelsafe Wireless free phone. And if you have Wi-Fi access, you can do it through it, or if you have a data connection on your handset, you can do it.
If you are not using your Feelsafe Wireless free phone, ensure it is locked up and kept out of the reach of children and pets. Your phone can also be password protected, so only you can access it.
Eligibility to get a free phone from FeelSafe Wireless free government Program
Suppose you qualify for one of the government assistance programs listed below or your income falls between 135 and 150% of the federal poverty threshold for your state. In that case, you may qualify for a FeelSafe Wireless free government mobile phone: veterans’ and survivors’ pensions.
The Affordable Connectivity Program requires that residents and/or their households meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Sign up for Lifeline Assistance Program.
- Take part in government assistance programs that make someone Lifeline eligible (view a list of the government assistance programs that make a person Lifeline eligible).
- Households with an annual income of less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Join the Special Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Become eligible for the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program, including those institutions covered by the Community Eligibility Provision of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- The current award year’s Federal Pell Grant is held.
Documents you will need to get a FeelSafe Wireless phone
The Affordable Connectivity Program requires that at least one household member satisfy one of the following requirements –
If your eligibility requirements and details need to be confirmed, you may be required to present one or more of the following documents –
- Proof of household income
- Your employer’s current income statement
- Paycheck stubs
- Return of state, federal, or tribal taxes from the previous year
- Statement of benefits from Social Security
- Benefits statement from the Veterans Administration
- Statement of benefits for unemployment or workers’ compensation
- Statement of retirement/pension benefits
- Child support award or divorce decree
- Your name, last name, and annual income can be found on any official document.
Proof of participation in the qualifying assistance program
- Letter of benefit award
- Letter of approval
- Benefits statement
- Letter of benefit verification
- The school’s documentation
- Documents containing first and last names, the name of the program, and the establishment issuing the document, as well as dates within the last 12 months or expirations within the next year.
Identity and age proof
- A valid government, military, state, or tribal identification
- Birth Certificate
- Obtain a U.S. driving license
- The Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
- Green Card or Permanent Resident Card
- Documentation of government assistance programs
- Any official document that includes your first and last name and birthdate
- A valid government, state, or tribal identification
- Driving license
- Utility bill
- Statement of mortgage or lease
- The most recent W-2 or tax return
- Your first and last name and physical address should appear on any official document.
How to Apply for A FeelSafe Wireless Free Government Phone?
It is also possible to apply directly to FeelSafe Wireless for this program. There are two ways of doing this: mail or online, depending on your preference.
Confirm your eligibility before applying online. The company offers its services in states where it provides its benefits, and you must be 18 years old or an emancipated minor. If you want to take quick action, follow these steps:
- Visit feelsafewireless.com and click “Apply Now.”
- Then enter your ZIP code and click “Apply Now.”
- After that, you will be directed to the Lifeline and ACP plans and alternatives offered by the company in your region. Find the plan that best meets your requirements, then click “Apply Now” after reviewing the options.
- The next step will take you to the business’s online application page. You must fill out the form with your personal information and supporting documents. Upon completing each page, click “Continue” and submit your application.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive an email.
- You can apply by mail by printing the application, manually completing it, attaching the supporting documents, and delivering it to 9920 Brooklet Drive, Houston, Texas, 77099.
What is the Process of Getting a FeelSafe Wireless Free Phone?
You must follow these simple yet strict steps to receive a free government phone from AirTalk or FeelSafe Wireless:
- Step 1. Check if you qualify for government assistance programs such as Lifeline and ACP. The following section outlines the eligibility requirements set by the FCC.
- Step 2. You must be able to prove your eligibility. You can provide official, unexpired documents if you want to provide the necessary information.
- Step 3. AirTalk/FeelSafe offers Lifeline/ACP government assistance programs. You can initiate the process by providing all the necessary documentation and information online or by mail.
- Step 4. Take advantage of the free government phone and other benefits of AirTalk or FeelSafe Wireless.
Under which government program does FeelSafe Wireless provide free phones?
The Federal Communications Commission offers Lifeline, a government assistance program designed to reduce the costs of communications services for those with limited financial resources.
Those who qualify for the program are entitled to a discount of up to $9.25 on their qualified monthly phone, broadband, or phone-broadband bundles. Discounts of up to $34.25 are available to tribally eligible households.
While the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB), which was in place during the COVID-19 outbreak, has been retired, a new government support program called the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) has been introduced.
Monthly internet access and connected devices can be purchased at special discounts through ACP.
The ACP program offers qualified clients a one-time discount of $100 when they buy a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. According to FCC regulations, consumers must pay a copay of more than $10 and less than $50 to acquire the device.
Plans offered by FeelSafe Wireless
There are currently three different plans available to recipients of the program –
The service provider offers the following services to California residents:
- Texts and minutes are unlimited
- 3 GB of data
- A hundred foreign texts
FeelSafe packages include the following monthly services for Oklahoma residents:
- A thousand minutes and 500 messages
- The data size of 5 GB
- Tribal Oklahomans have unlimited minutes and texts
Those whose services are offered by the corporation in other states receive:
- Monthly free minutes of 1,000 minutes
- Free 500 messages
- 3GB of data
You can purchase additional minutes, data, or SMS from the provider if you need additional minutes.
Which Phones Do You Get for Free From FeelSafe Wireless?
The free government phone offered by AirTalk or FeelSafe Wireless is among the best on the market, so if you qualify for one, you are in luck. Lifeline/ACP providers like FeelSafe/AirTalk are among the few to offer iPhones along with Android smartphones, and they also offer newer models with more advanced features.
FeelSafe/AirTalk Wireless provides the following free phones:
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 8 Plus
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel 3A
- LG G7 thinQ
- LG K51
- LG Stylo 5
- LG V40 ThinQ
- LG V50 ThinQ 5G
- Motorola G Stylus
- Motorola Moto G7 Power
- OnePlus 6
- OnePlus N200 Nord5G
- Samsung Galaxy A20s
- Samsung Galaxy A21
- Samsung Galaxy A32
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
- Samsung Note 8
You can find a complete list of all free phones at feelsafewireless.com/free-phone. It may vary from location to location, and phones are free. Furthermore, not all plans include free phones.
Additionally, the company offers discounted upgrade phones on top of the free AirTalk/FeeSafe Wireless phones. You can find the list at feelsafewireless.com/upgrade-phone.
What to Do if a FeelSafe Wireless Free Government Phone Gets Damaged, broken, Stolen, or Lost?
If you receive or purchase a mobile device directly from FeelSafe/AirTalk, you have 15 days to return it.
If your phone is damaged, broken, stolen, or lost, call (855) 924-7825 or email [email protected]. Within a year of the item’s purchase, the manufacturer’s warranty may still cover the problem if it is not caused by user error. It will be explained to you by the representative what your options are.
The provider’s customer support service must be notified if your phone is lost or stolen as soon as possible because any additional fees will be your responsibility.
How to Activate/Unlock the Phone After Getting a FeelSafe Wireless Free Government Phone?
The free government phone you receive from AirTalk or FeelSafe Wireless may be activated once received. You must go to feelsafewireless.com/active-my-sim-card, enter your MDN, and press the ‘Submit’ button.
You’ll receive an activation text in a few moments once the SIM card is inserted. You can contact the company’s customer service department at +1 (855) 924-7825 (available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CST).
Unlocking your AirTalk/FeeSafe Wireless free government phone before taking it to another provider is necessary. If you are experiencing problems, contact the customer support department at +1 (855) 924-7825 (open Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. CST).
You will either be able to unlock the device remotely or be guided through a manual process by the representative. A device can only be unlocked if it has been active with the associated AirTalk account for at least 12 months and has not been associated with any fraudulent activity.
Why Choose FeelSafe Wireless?
FeelSafe/AirTalk’s services are popular with Lifeline/ACP subscribers for many reasons. In addition, they offer no-contract services, affordable rate plans, nationwide coverage, and even discounts on tablets from ACP as well as Lifeline/ACP smartphones.
Can my FeelSafe Wireless Free Phone be upgraded?
You can upgrade your phone from FeelSafe/AirTalk in several ways. You can find out more about upgrading your phone at feelsafewireless.com/upgrade-phone.
Can I get FeelSafe Wireless free Government phone if I am unemployed?
FeelSafe Government free phones are also available for unemployed workers under the same program.
FeelSafe Wireless.com can be used as a main resource by Lifeline users. FeelSafe’s primary goal is to provide free cell phones and smartphones to low-income Americans who register for the Lifeline Assistance program. You can apply online for the Feel Safe free phone service and phone number. Furthermore, you can find the location of the business on the website and add extra minutes.