How To Get A Free Government iPad? – As we all know iPads are some of the most popular tablet computers and electronic devices in general. They are wildly popular! It is common for die-hard iPad fans to sleep outside the store the night before a new model is released to ensure they are the first to get their hands on that amazing device.
It is not just the fact that these tablets are extremely popular but also the fact that they are extremely expensive. Thus, you would not expect the government to provide them for free, would you? The answer is yes! The government offers free iPads to low-income people through extremely generous companies. This article aims to inform you how and where you can get a free iPad from the government.
In recent years, there has been an increase in the popularity and use of iPads. You can stay connected, informed, and entertained with their access to the internet and apps. The organizations and programs below can help low-income families receive a free iPad. A local government, nonprofit, or charitable organization may offer these programs.
Government Offers Free Government iPads?
As the government has recognized, having internet access and connected devices has become increasingly important during the pandemic. The need for internet-connected computers, laptops, tablets, and other electronic devices suddenly became everyone’s top priority during the pandemic.
These devices and services are needed for entertainment, searching for a job, accessing virtual classrooms, searching for information, staying in touch with friends and family, and contacting healthcare providers. Therefore, the Emergency Broadband Benefit was created as a new government assistance program.
This program received widespread popularity and success, so the government modified and extended it after a few months to introduce the new long-term Affordable Connectivity Program.
Affordable Connectivity Programs (ACPs) offer discounts of up to $30 monthly on broadband services for eligible non-Tribal households and up to $75 for eligible Tribal households. Those who purchase a connected device, such as a PC, laptop, or tablet, are also qualified for a one-time discount of $100.
However, the wireless companies participating in ACP can decide what benefits they offer. There are discounts on internet services offered by all ACP companies, but there are very few discounts on devices offered by them. Tablets are generally offered by those that do. The ACP offers limited funds, so most tablets available through the program are entry-level and mid-range models.
How To Get A Free Government iPad?
An iPad Pro costs between $150 and $250, and there is no proven way to get one for free. It is possible, however, to obtain an iPad for free or very little money through various methods. Several free equipment programs are available to individuals and households.
A free iPad is available instead of standard laptops, desktops, smartphones, and tablets. A used iPad or an older model is more likely to be yours if the second option is available. Low-income persons stand a better chance of winning a free iPad from the government in such programs.
How to Qualify for a Free Government iPad?
You can receive a free government iPad if you qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program. The following are the requirements for doing so:
- The minimum age for registration is 18 years old or an emancipated minor.
- You must be the only applicant in your household (as one qualifying household member can only claim the benefit).
- If you wish to use the services of your selected provider, you must reside in one of the states where they are available.
The FCC has established the following eligibility criteria as universal:
- There is at least a 200% gap between your household income and the federal poverty guidelines in your household.
The following federal assistance programs are available to you or any family members in your household:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
The program you participate in or any other member of your household can be one of the following:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Head Start (only households meeting the qualifying income standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Your household received the Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
How to Prove My ACP Eligibility to Receive a Free Government iPad?
You must ensure that you meet the ACP eligibility criteria before convincing the authorities that you are eligible. The vital information will be contained in certain valid official documents you will be asked to provide.
An official document containing your full legal name and income would suffice to prove your income-based eligibility (point ‘a’ above)
- Statement of retirement/pension benefits
- Statement of benefits from Social Security
- Paystubs or income statements from your employer
- Evidence of your income, such as a divorce decree or child support award
- State, federal, or tribal tax returns from the previous year
- Benefits statement for unemployment or workers’ compensation
- Benefits statement from the Veterans Administration
A copy of an official document with your full legal name, the name of the program, the name of the issuing institution, and an issue date within the last year or an expiration date in the future will be required to prove your program participation eligibility.
- Letter of approval
- Benefits statement
- Letter of benefit award
- Letter of benefit verification
- Documentation from the school
The police may also ask you to verify your identity, age, address, duplicate address, and emancipation (if you are an emancipated minor). You should prepare these documents in advance, as you will need them to submit your application.
How to Apply for the ACP Program to Get a Free Government iPad?
You must apply for the ACP benefit to receive a free government iPad. A selected company can be contacted after applying through the National Verifier. Sometimes, you can apply directly through the company and save time by skipping the National Verifier application.
You can apply online through the National Verifier
To do so, go to nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?amp;awsl=link-from-how-to-apply&ebbp=true&id=nv_flow&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D and fill out the online application form. After completing each page, click ‘Next’ and submit the form. Using this method, you can receive approval immediately.
Mail your application to the National Verifier
The paper application form can be found at affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf and the Household Worksheet (optional, but recommended) at affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf. The two forms should be filled out, proof documentation should be attached, and the package should be sent to ACP Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
Select an ACP provider and apply
You can apply directly to some ACP companies without first going through the National Verifier. Finding a company in your area that provides free iPads to government employees is necessary. At affordableconnectivity.gov/companies-near-me, you can find all providers in your state, but note that not all offer iPad discounts. In the following section, you’ll find a list of all ACP companies currently offering free iPads.
Does Apple Offer Free Government iPad?
No free iPad promos are available from Apple’s official online store; however, they often offer discounts, especially to students, and free equipment, such as AirPods, when purchasing Macs or iPads. If you want a free iPad, visit Apple’s website or your local Apple store.
Furthermore, Apple’s trade-in program will give you a significant credit toward your future Apple purchase if you trade in an Apple product.
What Companies Offer Free Government iPads?
Are there any other ways to get a free iPad?
The iPad can also be obtained in other ways. Some of these options, however, may require payment or a time commitment, so they are considered “free-ish.”
- The most popular cellular or broadband internet service providers offer packages to help you receive a free device. Frequently, they provide free or heavily reduced devices as part of their promotional deals for new clients. In addition to popular smartphones such as iPhones and Samsungs, these promotions may also apply to tablets such as iPads. However, the trade-in requirement and/or a high-priced monthly plan are usually required to qualify for such a deal. Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T are constantly offering discounts.
- It is also possible to earn a free Government iPad by taking surveys. Surveys can be completed on websites where points can be earned. Once you have earned enough points, you can eventually redeem them for products. Their convenience makes them a popular choice because they are free.
- The next step would be to test the product. You may still be able to obtain a free iPad even if only a small number of people are selected to participate in these events. It is important to be aware of scams when looking for such opportunities.
Which Free Government iPad Models Are Currently Available?
Tablet selection is a mystery for many ACP companies. There are, however, a few government iPad models that are currently offered for free by the ones that are open about it:
- Apple iPad Air
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Apple iPad Mini
- Apple iPad Mini 2
- Apple iPad Mini 3
- Apple iPad 3
Is it Possible to Upgrade Free Government iPad?
Your free iPad may or may not be upgradeable, depending on the provider. There are usually no upgrade tablets available from ACP providers. However, you should check with your company’s customer support service. It is important to remember that the device would be much more expensive if you received an upgrade.
Is there a free iPad or tablet available through the Lifeline Program?
You will likely be able to obtain a free iPad or free iPhone from a Lifeline provider if you qualify. The program benefits provided by Lifeline providers are too expensive to provide for free, and they are useless compared to the $13.75 savings provided by EBB.
Can I get an iPad for Free as a Senior?
It is uncommon to offer free iPads to older people, as they are not typical users of Apple products. Apart from those tactics tailored specifically to students, most of the methods presented here can also be applied to seniors seeking a free iPad.
Several government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and for-profit companies give away free iPads, laptops, or tablets. Additionally, these companies offer complementary technological equipment alongside iPads. Read the article thoroughly about the charities’ websites that are giving away free Government iPads.