Are you looking for a way How to Get Free Government Phone Oklahoma? Yes! Free phones are available to Oklahoma residents so they can communicate with family and friends. The price of smartphones, especially, makes them unaffordable for some people.
It is difficult for people from low-income families to put food on the table. It can be difficult for such people to afford a smartphone. Getting free government phones in Oklahoma will be explained to you shortly.
A free government phone can be difficult to choose from various cell phone providers in Oklahoma. Although many Oklahoma providers offer free cell phone service, not all offer the same quality devices or services. Hence, this post will share some of the best free government phones you can receive in Oklahoma.
What is a Free Government Phone Program?
Some people in this country cannot afford phones, which the federal government understands. Thus, it developed a program offering free phones to those who qualify. A free government phone is available to those who qualify for Lifeline and apply for it. When visiting a service provider’s website, one can qualify and apply online or send their application by mail. To qualify for Lifeline, you must provide various documents.
Free Government Phone Oklahoma Program
You might be interested in some good news if you live in Oklahoma. Low-income Families or households who cannot afford smartphones and monthly telecom services can take advantage of some free phone programs or free iPhone Programs offered by the U.S. Federal Government.
There are two programs in this category: Lifeline Assistance and Affordable Connectivity Program. The benefits of each program differ, but the eligibility criteria are similar.
How to Get Free Government Phone In Oklahoma?
Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP.) allows Oklahoma residents to receive free phones.
Lifeline Assistance Program for Free Government Phone in Oklahoma
Federal government program Lifeline Assistance Program allows low-income households to receive free Government phones that can be used to connect with others, find employment opportunities, and receive emergency services. It was introduced in 1985.
The program provides free smartphones and limited monthly telecom services like free talk time, data, and messages. Providers offer different perks depending on their service offerings. This makes it very important to choose the right Oklahoma telecommunications provider.
Affordable Connectivity Program for Free Government Phones in Oklahoma
The Affordable Connectivity Program is another Federal Government program designed to help households with limited incomes buy broadband services. This program will replace the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program.
If you qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program, you can save up to $30 each month, and if you qualify based on your tribal lands, you can save up to $75.
The program also offers ACP-eligible households a one-time discount of $100 when purchasing a laptop, desktop, or tablet from participating providers. The Affordable Connectivity Program and Lifeline can therefore be applied in conjunction.
Eligibility Criteria for Free Government Phone Oklahoma
There are a few differences between Lifeline and A.C.P., but the eligibility criteria are largely the same. The eligibility criteria for each program will therefore be listed separately –
Eligibility Criteria for the Lifeline Program
Lifeline Assistance benefits are available to individuals with household incomes at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participants in any of the following programs:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Tribal-specific programs –Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, Head Start, or Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (T.T.A.N.F.)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Programs
ACP Only Qualifying Programs
If you are eligible for Lifeline, you automatically qualify for the Affordable Connectivity program. What if you do not qualify for Lifeline?
Don’t worry about it. There is still a chance for you to receive FREE Talk, Text, and Data and a FREE Smartphone. Through the ACP benefit, you may also be eligible for additional programs.
- National School Lunch Program (N.S.L.P.).
- Community Eligibility Provision (C.E.P.).
- W.I.C. – Women, Infants, and Children
It is necessary to have a household income below or at 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines to qualify for Affordable Connectivity benefits.
Documents required for Free Government Phone in Oklahoma
You must provide documentation that proves your eligibility to receive a free government phone in Oklahoma once you have verified your eligibility.
The following documents will be required to prove your eligibility:
- Returns of federal, state, and tribal taxes
- Statement of pension or retirement benefits
- Child support award
- Paycheck stubs
- Benefits statement for workers’ compensation
- Approval Later for Programs (SNAP, head start, Medicaid, F.P.H.A.)
- Pension and survivors’ benefits award letter
- Documents proving your participation in the Federal Government Assistance Program
The other documents you will need to provide are in addition to these. The following documents are included:
- Birth certificate
- Utility bills
- U.S.U.S. driving license
- State ID card
- Voter registration card
How to apply for Free Government Phones Oklahoma
The following steps will guide you through the process of applying for a free government phone program in Oklahoma:
The first thing you need to do is make sure you are eligible for the Lifeline program. In this article, you can find out what the eligibility criteria are.
You must make soft copies of all the required documents to be eligible for the program.
- Visit the website of National Verifier. The URL for that is https://nv.fcc.gov/lifeline.
- Click the Get Started button after selecting Oklahoma or OK from the drop-down list.
- The next step is to fill out the form with your name, social security number, and address, then click the Next button.
- You will have to upload your documents. Make sure all your documents are in soft copies.
- Please submit your application, which will tell you whether it was approved. In some cases, it may take 24 to 72 hours for an approval message to be received.
- You will see a list of Oklahoma free phone service providers when approved. You can choose the service provider and plan you want to use and the device you want to use.
Apply Via Mail
- Alternatively, if you prefer the offline application, you can download and print the Lifeline program’s application form from this URL – https://www.usac.org/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/documents/forms/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf
- Complete the application form and mail it to USAC, Lifeline Support Center, P.O.P.O. Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
- It may take longer for the offline application to process.
Apply through your selected service provider
If you wish to get a free government phone in Oklahoma, you can also apply directly on the website of your chosen service provider.
The process will have many similarities, including visiting the official website, applying for the Lifeline program, and undergoing verification.
You will only be eligible for Affordable Connectivity Program and Lifeline by applying through the National Verifier’s website. Taking advantage of this arrangement will give you additional benefits since the provider participates in both programs.
Best Free Government Phone Service Providers in Oklahoma
If you apply for a free government phone, you must understand which service providers provide services in Oklahoma.
Below is a list of Oklahoma service providers participating in Lifeline –
Top 5 Best Free Government Phones In Oklahoma
- iPhone 6s Plus
- Samsung S9 Plus
- LG G7 ThinQ
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Google Pixel 2
Are there any activation charges?
There are no activation fees, monthly subscription fees, or credit checks, just nothing to pay. You are receiving this free service from EASY Wireless with the assistance of the U.S.U.S. government.
Are there free cell phones available in other states?
You can get a free phone through EASY Wireless in states other than Oklahoma. Missouri, Arkansas, and Kentucky are also included in our service area.
Those with low incomes in Oklahoma can apply for free government phones through Lifeline & A.C.P., which offer various great options, including iPhones and Android smartphones. What are you waiting for? Sign up today and choose your favorite free phone!