How To Get Free iPhone For Students – The government has implemented the ACP program, through which you can receive a free phone and discounted internet services. You may want to know if you qualify for free iPhones as students. There is a possibility of getting a free iPhone for students. Adult students can easily apply for a free iPhone from ACP.
Your parents or guardians apply for the free iPhone for students if you are a minor student. If you qualify for government assistance programs like SNAP, you must come from a low-income household. You may qualify for SNAP if you have a low income or are confirmed to be eligible.
Here are some proven methods for getting iPhones.
Does Apple Offer Free iPhones for Students?
It is important to remember that some Apple products, such as the iPhone, Apple Watch, and Apple TV, are not eligible for education discounts.
There are still several ways to receive an iPhone for free. Below are some of them.
Way to Get a Free iPhone for Students
In this technological age, smartphones have become essential to today’s communication, education, and daily tasks. The cost of a new smartphone can be prohibitive for students who already have high tuition and living expenses. Whether you are a university student, a parent shopping for their child, a teacher, or a staff member, there are several ways for students to get a free iPhone.
- Apple Education Store Discounts. Thanks to Apple’s student discount program, teachers, parents, and students can get a $200 discount on a new iPhone. Select your favorite iPhone model from the Apple Education Store after verifying your student, parent, or teacher status.
- Carrier Promotions. Many carriers offer promotions that allow students to get a free iPhone when they sign up for a new plan. The Verizon company, for instance, offers free iPhone 12 minis to students who sign up for an unlimited plan and trade in a qualifying device.
- Scholarship Programs. Some scholarship programs offer grants for technology purchases, such as smartphones. For example, students may use part of their scholarship to buy a new iPhone through the Dell Scholars Program.
- Campus Programs. Some universities offer technology programs that give students free iPhones for their studies. You can find out if such a program is available at your university by contacting the IT department or student services center.
- Online Contests and Giveaways. Students can win a free iPhone through many websites and pages on social media. Social media pages and popular tech blogs are good places to find these opportunities.
Many colleges and universities, including Duke, are using technology to enhance education by giving students free iPhones and iPods. According to the Duke Digital Initiative (DDI), students in classes that use iPods for educational purposes only receive iPods under the program. Professors are concerned that iPods could distract students from their studies.
Free iPhone For Students Through ACP Program
It is now common for students to have a smartphone, especially since technology provides the possibility of achieving various accomplishments.
Providing affordable internet access was a priority for the government, so it launched the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and Lifeline Program, which provide free government iPhones and other discounts to participating providers.
You can only get a free iPhone from providers offering Lifeline & ACP combo benefits. There are several iPhone models available from these providers that are guaranteed to be of high quality.
If you are an adult student, you can apply directly for the ACP program. You can apply on behalf of your parents or guardians if you are a minor.
To apply for the ACP program, you must meet certain requirements.
Eligibility Requirements To Qualify For Free iPhones For Students Through ACP
You need to meet certain criteria to be eligible for the ACP program to receive a free iPhone for students.
The following are the prerequisites for applying to the ACP program.
- The minimum age for you should be 18 years old.
- ACP requires that you be a citizen of the state in which you apply.
The following eligibility requirements can be checked if you meet the above conditions.
You can qualify for the ACP program based on your income if it is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level.
You can check your participation in the following government assistance program if you are not eligible for the ACP on an income basis.
- Lifeline Assistance Program
- Food stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs Assistance
- Tribal Head Start
Documentation Required For Free iPhone For Students Through ACP
Your application for a free iPhone must include valid documents to prove your eligibility. Depending on your eligibility, you will need different documents.
- You should have a current income statement from your employer
- Paycheck stub
- Benefits Statement for Social Security
- Benefits statement for retirement or pension
Program participation by the government
- An approval letter from the government
- Verification letter for the program
- Letter of award for benefits
- Benefits statement for the assistance program
- Documentation related to children’s schools
You may also need a document verifying your age, address, and identity in addition to the eligibility document. The following documents are therefore required during the application process.
- Birth certificate
- U.S. Driving license
- U.S passport
Best Free iPhone for Students Providers
These are the best providers of free iPhones for students.
1. AirTalk Wireless
Airtalk Wireless offers free iPhones and Android phones through their ACP and lifeline plans. The company offers a wide network coverage, free unlimited talk, text, and data, and free unlimited talk and text. You will also get free shipping, free caller ID, call waiting, and three-way calling from the company.
The application page for Airtalk Wireless’s free iPhone for students can be found here: “airtalkwireless.com/apply.” Click on “Apply now” after entering your ZIP code.
2. Cintex Wireless
The affordable connectivity program at Cintex Wireless also provides students several models of free iPhones. Students can also get other models of phones, unlimited texts, free unlimited calls, and 8 GB of high-speed data for free with the company.
Enter your ZIP code on Cintex’s enrollment page to see if they offer services in your area so you can apply for a free iPhone from Cintex. Select a plan and follow the prompts: cintexwireless.com/apply
3. NewPhone Wireless
Another wireless provider offering free iPhones through the ACP program is NewPhone Wireless. As part of its offering, the company offers a free iPhone, unlimited talk, free shipping, voicemail, caller ID, and call waiting services.
This carrier offers free iPhones for people who visit their website, tap on apply me, and follow the instructions: “newphone.com/apply.”
List Of iPhones That Offer Free for Students
Once you qualify for a free iPhone for students, you are likely to get the following models:
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6 plus
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 12
Can I get the latest iPhone model for students? Can I choose my preferred model, either?
Not really. Through ACP, the government offers basic iPhone models for free. These are phones like iPhone 6, iPhone 7, and iPhone 8. Through ACP, you can’t get the latest iPhone model. Additionally, you will not be able to choose our preferred model. Your carrier will randomly select a free phone model for you according to your state and availability at the time of application.
Are there any limitations to receiving a free iPhone for students?
Yes. You must meet certain conditions to receive a free iPhone. For instance, Apple’s free iPhone program is only available to low-income households. Transferring the Lifeline or ACP benefits to another family member is impossible.
What can make me not qualify for a free iPhone as a student?
The programs are unavailable to households with incomes above the federal poverty guidelines. The free iPhone will not be given to you if any other family member already has a free government phone. You can also be denied a free iPhone if you provide inaccurate information on your application or upload a blurry image of your eligibility document.