How to Write Thoughtful Book Reviews and Does the number of reviews on a book make you want to purchase it? How much money are you willing to spend if no more than a ‘review’ claims ‘it’s great or ‘buy this book’?. The reader will think twice before deciding whether or not to purchase a book based on a good book review.
How to Write Thoughtful Book Reviews?
According to specific algorithms, the more reviews a book has, the more sales it generates. There is no better way to spread the word about a great book than to write a review and post it prominently. Leave a constructive review if you comment on how the author could have improved the book. We’ve compiled a simple guide to help you write a book review if you need help figuring out how to start.
Points to remember to Write Thoughtful Book Reviews
1. It will help if you read the book. Even though it seems obvious, I’ve seen ‘reviews’ in which people say they didn’t finish the book and then give it a low rating. Some novels I have started are so poorly written that I cannot waste my time on them, so I move on to the next book on my reading list. Review the book if you still need to read it.
2. It’s okay to write a glowing review. Reviewers who are friends of the author will always write positive reviews. In most reviews, the author is lauded for their talent rather than giving the reader an insight into the book’s content. Did the blurb not accurately describe the story, or were you dissatisfied with the ending? You must have had some impact on the book to provide a review, so do not sugarcoat the facts or use gushing adjectives in your review.
3. Don’t be too critical. Some people, places or events will inevitably stand out, whether you enjoy reading the book. Your review should not only point out any learnings you may have gleaned from reading the book or any characters you can identify with in some way, if that is the case. However, you should also discuss any problems you may have encountered while reading the book.
4. Have you laughed or cried while reading the book? Were you unable to put it down after reading it? How did you find the author’s writing style? The author and other readers will be affected by anything you say, so give your opinion but be kind to each other.
5. If you leave a one-word statement, such as ‘it’s great or ‘buy this book’, make sure to include a brief explanation. No one benefits from it. My experience as a reader has allowed me to write about many great, sound, and potentially great books. People who enjoyed my books have provided me with great feedback via reviews.
6. As long as they make this clear in their reviews, you can get people who take issue with a particular subject. The five-star and two-star reviews give me a good idea of what readers think about new books when I’m shopping for them. Continue reviewing books, but be kind. If you can’t be kind, move on to another book. An author will always appreciate a well-written book review.
Q1. What is Book Review?
Book Review is a way to tell people what is the book about. According to specific algorithms, the more reviews a book has, the more sales it generates.
Q2. How to Write Book Review?
There is no better way to spread the word about a great book than to write a review and post it prominently.
Finally, you should read your paper at least twice. Avoiding stupid mistakes will be easier. You might come up with some new ideas as you read, so you’ll be able to finish your text with them. Your readers can give you feedback when you write a book review for your blog – so you can improve your writing style.