Pete Ricketts Net Worth, Bio, Education, Wife, Career, Height – Pete Ricketts is an American politician who served as the 40th Governor of Nebraska from 2015 to 2018. The Republican Party is his party of affiliation. T.D. Pete Ricketts, the son of Joe Ricketts, founded Ameritrade.
Pete worked for the company until 2016, except for a brief period when he ran for the United States Senate. The Chicago Cubs, a member of Major League Baseball, are also part-owned by him. Furthermore, he ran for the U.S. Senate in 2006, where he won the Republican primary but lost to incumbent Democratic Senator Ben Nelson.
Who is Pete Pete Ricketts?
He is an American businessman and politician of the Republican party. His current position is Governor of Nebraska, and he has held it since 2015. He owns the Chicago Cubs baseball team in the Major League with others in his family.
The 40th Governor of Nebraska, John Pete Ricketts, was sworn into office on January 8, 2015, and he was reelected in November 2018. He belongs to the Republican Party. As Governor Ricketts has been in office, he has helped Nebraska farmers and cattle breeders expand internationally by introducing $12.7 billion of tax relief, dramatically reducing the growth rate of government spending, increasing the workforce, improving operations, cutting red tape, and increasing agricultural exports.
Pete Ricketts Early Life & Education
Ricketts was born on August 19, 1964, and is 57 years old. The oldest of four siblings, he was born in Nebraska City to Joe Ricketts and Marlene Ricketts. An electronic trading platform called T.D. His father founded Ameritrade.
In 1975, Ricketts’ father founded First Omaha Securities while his mother worked as a teacher in Nebraska City. His siblings and Ricketts attended Omaha’s Westside High School, where he graduated in 1982. He graduated from the University of Chicago with a bachelor’s degree in arts, majoring in biology. The MBA he earned in 1991 specialized in marketing and finance.
Pete Ricketts Career
Ricketts returned to Omaha after graduation to work for Union Pacific Railroad for a year and as an environmental consultant for another year. Eventually, he joined his father’s business in 1993, initially working in the call center and moving up to executive positions. In 2006, he was appointed Chief Operating Officer.
During Ricketts’ time at Ameritrade, he ran for the U.S. Senate. But he lost to Ben Nelson in 2006. The Ricketts family bought the Chicago Cubs in 2009, and he became one of the board directors along with his three siblings. The position has been held by Ricketts since 2001.
Ricketts won the Nebraska Governorship election in 2014 with 26% of the vote in the primary. He won the general election with 57% of the vote and became Nebraska’s Governor. Ricketts is still in office after being reelected with 59% of the vote on November 6.
Pete Ricketts Career Timeline
- Pete Ricketts began his career as a railroad employee after he graduated from college. He worked there for a year before joining as a salesperson in a Chicago environmental consulting firm.
- In 1993, he joined his father’s call center business in his father’s business.
- Then, during his father’s tenure as president, he was promoted to chief operating officer of the company.
- It was in the year 2006 that he ran for the United States Senate but was defeated by incumbent Ben Nelson.
- The Platte Institute for Economic Research was founded in 2007, and he became its director and president. His gubernatorial campaign in 2014 led him to resign from the organization in 2013.
- He was also a member of the Republican National Committee from 2007 through 2012. Moreover, he also served as a trustee of the American Enterprise Institute from 2007 until 2013.
- His opponent for the 2006 Republican nomination for the Senate seat held Democrat Ben Nelson, where he faced off against David Kramer and Don Stenberg. His out-of-pocket spending in winning the nomination was around $5 Million, which he outspent his opponents by a factor of 10-1.
- The 2014 Nebraska governorship election saw him run for the position. His primary victory in May 2014 was 26.6%. The other candidates were Bruning at 25.5%, McCoy at 20.9%, Foley at 19.2%, Carlson at 4.1%, and Omaha attorney Bryan Slone at 3.7%.
- 57.1% of the votes were cast for him compared to 39.2% for Hassebrook in the general election. There were 3.5% of write-in votes and 0.1% of libertarian votes.
- It was announced on June 5, 2017, that he would run for reelection in 2018. On November 6, he took a commanding 18-point lead over Democratic opponent Bob Krist, winning his reelection by 59.0%.
Pete Ricketts’s net worth
It is estimated that Pete Ricketts has a net worth of $60 million to $70 million, which places him among the wealthiest politicians in the United States. The Governor’s salary, which is around $105,000 per year, is his main source of income.
In addition to owning the Chicago Cubs, a major league baseball team valued at $1.8 billion, he is also a part owner of the Toronto Blue Jays. Ricketts family owns T.D. Ameritrade, an electronic trading platform acquired for 1.7 billion in 2006. Ricketts is also a co-founder of the Platte Institute for Economic Research.
Who is Pete Ricketts’s Wife?
He is married to Susanne Shore and has three children. They were married in 1997. Besides serving on the Child Saving Institute and Nebraska Families Cooperative boards, the Shore is a committed advocate for the welfare of children. Her previous experience includes working as a nurse at St. Joseph’s Hospital. Ricketts belongs to the Knights of Columbus and is a Roman Catholic.
The 2018 Nebraska gubernatorial election
Ricketts announced his reelection campaign on June 5, 2017. He said he would lower property taxes as a top priority if reelected. As part of Rickett’s message, he also asked Nebraskans to “renominate” Governor Mike Foley. The 59.0% of votes Ricketts received on November 6 reelected him.
Pete Ricketts Height, Weight & Measurements
Since Pete Ricketts is 57 years old, his height is unavailable now. We will update Pete Ricketts’s Height, Weight, Body Measurements, Eye Color, Hair Color, Shoe & Dress size as soon as possible.
Is Joe Ricketts a billionaire?
Onlookers applauded as local commissioners voted down Joe Ricketts’ latest development plan last week. It was Ricketts’ latest attempt to reshape a rural Wyoming valley.
How did Ricketts make his money?
The company was founded by Ricketts, a few partners, and Ricketts for $12,500 each in 1975. Through mergers and acquisitions, Ameritrade grew into T.D. Ameritrade.
What religion is Ricketts?
Ricketts is Roman Catholic.