If you want to know How to Get SafeLink Free iPhone because Safelink Wireless provides free or discounted telecommunications services through lifeline. The company offers free unlimited text messages, 350 free voice minutes, and 4.5 gigabytes of data to lifeline-eligible households monthly as part of its lifeline services.
The lifeline program provides free smartphones from reputable brands such as Samsung, LG, and Motorola. The affordable connectivity program is another benefit Safelink offers to qualified households besides the lifeline program. As part of its ACP program, safelink offers free monthly high-speed data and unlimited talk, text, and texting.
Does Safelink Offer Free iPhones from the Government?
SafeLink ACP or Lifeline do not offer free iPhones. There’s no need to despair because safelink offers incredible deals on iPhones. You can use these offers to purchase quality iPhones on credit over time and pay no interest. This page aims to explore Safelink’s free iPhone, alternatives to getting a free iPhone, and related topics.
A free iPhone is not a government program offered by safelink. You can apply and get a Safelink lifeline phone if you want other brands of free phones. Suppose you have a total income at or below 135% of the federal poverty guideline or participate in Medicaid or SNAP. In that case, you can get a free Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro 5.0, LG Phoenix 3, or Samsung Galaxy S4.
How to Get SafeLink Free iPhone?
The first step to getting a free iPhone is knowing whether SafeLink offers one. It is, therefore, true that SafeLink does not offer free iPhones under government programs.
A free phone of your choice from various other manufacturers can be provided to you if you qualify for the Safelink lifeline program.
Safelink offers unbeatable iPhone pricing; don’t give up. You can use these offers to finance a new iPhone and make interest-free payments.
The following Apple iPhone models are currently available on SafeLink’s official web store:
Does SafeLink Offer Free Services and Devices?
The SafeLink Wireless service provides monthly plans for eligible customers. There are, however, some restrictions on SafeLink’s services. To become a Lifeline customer, you must meet the eligibility requirements for the Affordable Connectivity Program (see below). Moreover, you must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor and a resident of Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington State, West Virginia, or Wisconsin.
SafeLink participates in two government assistance programs (Lifeline and ACP) that allow eligible customers to receive unlimited talk, text, and data calls to Canada and Mexico, 25 gigabytes of high-speed data, and 5 gigabytes of hotspot data for free monthly services. The company’s Bring Your Phone (BYOP) program allows qualifying customers to receive a free smartphone or to activate their device on SafeLink’s network.
Qualify for The SafeLink Wireless free iPhone.
Safelink Wireless offers free iPhones to low-income consumers who meet the company’s income requirements or participate in the following programs.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (Food Stamps), Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit, Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Free and Reduced Price School Lunch or Breakfast Program
- Pell Grants from the Federal Government
However, some states have additional eligibility under the Tribal programs listed below:
- Tribal Head Start (only those households attaining its income qualifying standard)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal TANF
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
Even if a customer is not enrolled in the above plans, they may still be eligible for assistance if they provide proof of their financial need.
According to the Federal Poverty Guidelines, lifeline and ACP are only available if your gross annual income is less than 135% or 200%.
Okay, I Want To Get A Free Phone From Safelink
Safelink offers a free smartphone plan with the lifeline+ ACP, which provides eligible customers with a free phone.
A free phone can be obtained through Safelink’s website if you meet the Safelink Lifeline requirements.
There is no need to worry about the application process with this carrier. Following are the steps you need to take:
- Visit there website
- You can enter your ZIP code here.
- To begin the application process, click START.
- If you qualify for Safelink lifeline, you will be redirected to the application.
- Clicking CONTINUE will prompt you to enter your full legal name, the last four digits of your SSN, date of birth, and address.
- Enter your name, email address, mailing address, and IMEI number of the device you intend to use to apply for a free Safelink phone.
- After approval, you’ll get a free phone if it’s still available.
What Documents are Required for The SafeLink Wireless free iPhone
Some states may use a database to verify an applicant’s eligibility. The safelink Wireless free iPhone application requires proof of eligibility if a database is unavailable.
The following documents can prove that your income meets the requirements or that you are enrolled in an eligible program:
Program Participation Eligibility
A letter or official document proving your participation in a government-sponsored program is acceptable.
- Benefits Award Letter
- The letter of recommendation
- Statement of benefits
- The Benefit Verification Letter
- School documentation
Household Income Eligibility
You qualify if you earn enough for Safelink Wireless’ free iPhone. It is necessary in such a case to provide documentation to prove that your annual income is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The following documents are included:
- The previous year’s federal, state, or tribal tax return
- Statement of Social Security benefits
- Veterans Administration Benefits Statement
- Pay stubs or income statements from your employer
- Unemployment or Workers’ Compensation Benefit Statement
- Documents proving your income, such as a divorce decree or child support award
- Statement of retirement/pension benefits
The following documents may be included with your application to prove your identity:
- An identification card issued by a government, state, military, or tribal agency
- U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization Certificate
- Green Card or Permanent Resident Card Birth Certificate
- U.S. driver’s license
- Documents related to government-sponsored programs in a passport
- ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) documentation
Is There Any Other Way to Receive a Free iPhone?
There are still some ways to receive a free iPhone if you aren’t eligible for a SafeLink free iPhone or a free government iPhone from another Lifeline/ACP provider, or if you don’t want to receive a free phone from another brand or purchase one from SafeLink (or any other carrier or retailer, for that matter). Here are some examples:
- You can get a free iPhone from a retailer or carrier. Certain conditions are attached to these special offers and are only available for a limited time. You may be asked to switch carriers, sign a long-term contract, add a line, purchase a select plan, trade-in another phone, or purchase a new device.
- A free iPhone can be obtained online. There are many opportunities online to get a free iPhone, but make sure you do not fall victim to scams. Participating in an inline giveaway, taking surveys, participating in Amazon Vine, becoming a reviewer, or becoming a marketing agent are all options.
Switch To Other Providers That Offer Free iPhones
You cannot receive a free iPhone from safelink since they do not participate in the Government’s lifeline or ACP programs.
Many service providers offer free iPhones, including the 6, 6s, 6 plus, 7, 7 plus, 8, and SE.
There are, however, some requirements for receiving a free iPhone from these providers:
- No more than 200% of the federal poverty line must be in the household’s income.
- If you receive SSI, Medicaid, SNAP, or Section 8 benefits.
- A federal housing assistance program may also make you eligible.
- These service providers require proof of eligibility before giving you a free iPhone.
- These copies prove your income, your participation in a specific program, and where you live.
The above service will offer you a free iPhone once you establish eligibility.
How to get a free phone from SafeLink?
The SafeLink Free Cellphone Assistance program allows you to obtain a phone if your household income falls below 135% of the poverty guidelines set by your area’s federal or state Government. Safelink will send you a phone if you provide your physical address.
Can you use an unlocked iPhone with SafeLink?
We support nearly every cell phone manufacturer as long as it uses a SIM card! The SafeLink Keep Your Own Smartphone plan requires a compatible or unlocked GSM phone.
Can you use an unlocked iPhone with SafeLink?
We support nearly every manufacturer of a cell phones as long as it uses a SIM card! The SafeLink Keep Your Own Smartphone plan requires a compatible or unlocked GSM phone.
The Safelink Wireless program bridges the digital divide by providing free iPhones to eligible low-income families or households in America. Safelink Wireless offers free monthly internet without any contract or bill if you qualify for Lifeline or the Affordable Connectivity Program. Safelink Wireless free iPhones are typically available based on income or program eligibility, as explained in this guideline.